Still a little behind because of the amazing craziness of a trip that was Acadecon. In the tie back episode there was a lot of discussion about downtime, and what can happen during it. It made me think about making a magic shop of awesome proportions!
1. First up is of course the shop owner. Grab ONE of the traits and tell me what it should be. A. Race
C. Gender D. Method #1 of obtaining magic items
E. Method #2 of ontaingin magic items F. Name
G. Name of 2nd in command
H. Name of other employees I. Alignment
J. Magic item of choice that they always sell K. Physical Description of Clothes/Armor
2. Suggest a potential name for this magic shop!
3. Suggest an item that could be sold at this magic shop
4. Suggest a contest that is put on at the shop
5. Submit your entry in the contest currently being ran at the shop: Alter Spell Competition!! Take a spell that exists currently, and change one letter to make a new spell and talk about that spell! From Mage Hand to Sage Hand or from Heal to Zeal you can do it!!
6. Come up with something else, because you can and you are awesome!
That's that and hopefully we can make some magic happen ...
1. A. Race - Lizardfolk. With Volo's Guide to Monsters out and so few talking about it, I believe it is time to promote one of the new PC races! That, and the cold, calculating nature of a lizardfolk fits the idea of a cold, calculating store-keeper.
1D. There is a dangerous swamp nearby where a native tribe lives. They scavange magical items from fallen adventurers in order to trade to the shop keeper for healing potions or other minor healing magics the tribe doesn't have access to.
2. Trusty Haversack
3. Monocle of Metalsight All metal seen through the monocle appear a bright red. The more valuable the metal the brighter red it appears. The monocle can peer through most things but is limited by 5ft of solid material.
4. Wand Whittlers Day Whoever can craft the best wand gets it enchanted for (depends on how cheap this guy is) off. Entry fee is your newly wand if you lose.
5. Crown of Dadness An old worn hat morphs and appears on the head of the target. The target can only speak if it can make a dad worthy joke or pun out of it.
E. Method 2 of obtaining magical items, and this is probably way out there as far as some merchant gets his things after lasersniper's post, but I had to get this out. Its probably bad, its likely bad, but bad is usually good unrefined.
He has some djinn bound to his will, who craft some of his wares such as bracelets, amulets, etc. Don't know why, but something about the picture makes me think "wise Bedouin merchant," and someone with a fancy robe like that makes me think he definitely bound such powerful forces like that through some sort of eternal contract. He keeps the djinn within a bag of holding, or perhaps some other form of pocket dimension in which one way into it is stitched into the sleeves of his robes. That way he can just pull out exactly what it is you desire most. Something about the picture just speaks to me that he is that cold merchant who tempts heroes, villains, and adventurers alike with his wares, and then always collects his end of the deal, even if its not just gold.
D. He has connections within the Mages Guild and gets a lot of the cast off magical items used in enchantment practice for pretty cheap because he is also the one supplying the guild with some less than savoury goods.
DM will now be called Game Organizer and Director. GOD for short
H. Name of other employees Avalin and Krong. Female and male twins who were hired to keep an eye on the store as the owner goes about his business, There not just pretty faces -and boy are they pretty, maybe we should just go in and say hi- there also half orc so they can pretty much lift anyone up with an arm and throw them out if they cause any trouble -but look how pretty they are, I'm sure Krong wouldn't mind if I asked Avalin on a single date- As with all cold and calculating lizard folk this was a precision move.
As part of their 'uniform' they must also wear matching earrings, the siblings themselves have no clue why -boy are they pretty- but they always get a lot of customers when there trying to close, mostly young men and woman...
Spoiler: The earrings boost the pairs outward attractiveness to the opposite sex.
2. Shop name.
Entitled Enchantments -becausssse you're entitled to the besssst!
6. SPECIAL Once a year the magic shop sets up a magical display for the annual town fair -fireworks, floating many coloured fairy lights, fluttering pastry trays, ghostly ferrets climbing up onto children's shoulders to share snacks...yet the owner is never seen for the rest of the night, I do wonder where he goes off too...
Anyone willing to delve into the ancient and dangerous tomb outside of town, can buy Potions of Healing for 20gp each!!!
Good adventurers need to be stocked up after all
Regretfully it's nothing more than flavored water (DC 15 investigation or something to figure out it's a fake). There's no sense in letting all of the adventurer's gold be thrown away in that murderous dungeon. What a waste! It is better lining our merchant's pockets providing an economic boost to the community.
Post by DM Lord Neptune on Jul 31, 2017 17:11:36 GMT
5. I like Dancing Fights cantrip. It turns combat into a West Side Story-esque fight, where all attacks are made with extra pizzazz.
Lure Wounds: cast on another individual, all attacks made against someone next to the target are redirected to the target instead. Maybe that even includes the target's attacks against someone else next to them?
Clown of Madness: this summons a spectral clown that can cause uncontrolled fear or laughter in those who see it.
And the ever elusive 9th level spell, Meteor Smarm: Four gel-like meteors fall to the earth and splatter over everyone within 40ft of each target. This acts as both a Grease spell as well as makes everyone appear and act smarmy.
DM Lord Neptune (AKA Ryan) Keep on Dungeon Mastering indeed.