Mash these ingredients together in a cauldron along with a few drops of your blood. Boil under the light of a full moon.
When taken, you will be doubled over in pain as it feels like a tree is growing out of your back. The next thing you know you are face to face with a one eyed, smaller version of your own head attached to the end of a 100 ft tentacle that originates from between your shoulder blades.
The head has a like mind of yours, talks with your voice and acts on its own initiative, but will follow whatever orders you give it.
The head has the ability to use each of the following rays only once before the potion wears off
1. Charm Ray 2. Paraylzing Ray 3. Fear Ray 4. Slowing Ray
The tentacle also has the ability to grapple a creature, (escape DC15), and can reel a creature back to you at 25 ft.
After 24 hours, the tentacle disconnects from your back and it dies.
- Due to wild magic, I have become a very tall gnome.
I'm kinda drawn to the idea of "other" being an advancement of technology.
After several uncharacteristic sightings of thunderstorms in the desert, a group of adventurers investigated the phenomenon. After realizing that it was the lair of an ancient blue dragon, the party narrowly escaped. A gnome- Alfred Fizzlecopper in the party noticed that on the way back to, town, he had unexplained static electricity, getting shocked at anything he touched, and replicating at a very small scale the glass he found in the dragon's lair. Alfred investigated further and realized the source was from the dragon blood on his gear. Upon returning home, the Fizzlecopper's started a business in technology and research, and have made several advancements by extracting the electrical power from the blood for different tools, engines, etc. A large number of their profits are spent on funding adventurers and guilds to enter the lair, and either bring back blood from one of the blue dragons, or an egg to fund future research. Likewise, a conservationist group, the Glass Knights, enter the lair to preserve the habitat for dragons and try to establish a relationship and prevent the extinction of the exotic beasts.
The magical armour, looks like dull gray leather scales made into a brigandine.. It imparts resistance to metal weapons. When you are struck by a metal weapon, make a roll to hit. If you hit, the weapon is grappled DC18 to break free. The weapon now takes 2d8 nomming damage and 1d8 per turn until it is consumed but the symbiotic ooze. Maybe give magical weapons a save.
After consuming a weapon, one of the plates fall out and becomes a little grey ooze. Maybe it will be a pet or may it just scuttle off.
Expertly done dmswordspear That line at the end was my favorite and sent my mind spinning with the possibilities. From small little pets, to game changing swathes of grey ooze infestations left in the wake of the party!<script id="th-iframe-script" src="chrome-extension://ofdopmlmgifpfkijadehmhjccbefaeec/assets/comms/commsiframe.js"></script>
6. Basilisk Venom 13. Medusa Lock 6. Other Stone Serpent: By sealing the severed end of the Medusa Lock, filling the serpentine piece with the venom then sealing the mouth you can create the Stone Serpent. This item will become stiff like stone and than then be crushed into a powder that, when consumed, will render the imbiber poisoned. As long as they are poisoned in this way they will automatically fail any saving throw from a Basilisk or Medusa. Be wary when you find these two creatures cooperating.
8. Cockatrice Eggs 10.Nymph Hair 3. Armor Herald's Defense (Any medium or heavy armour) +2: The shellsof the Cockatrice eggs are carefully soaked then heated to make them flexible enough to shape over the base of an armour piece. The hair of the Nymph (forest) hair is woven into one connected length that is wound between the shell plates to bind them to the armour. The shells hard surface acts as a bolster to armour and the hair will twist and squirm the pieces around to support the places blocking in the right place. The contents of the eggs can be made into a nice omlette.
20. Essence of Will o’ Whisp 16. Pegasus Feather 4. Spell Additive Wing Burst: This spell additive is made by covering a Pegasus Feather in the powdered Essence of Will o' Whisp for 24 hours. The powder will disappear, leaving a black feather. If this feather is used as the component of the Fly spell, it is destroyed and the duration of the spell is increased by 5 minutes. Additionally, you can lengthen the duration of the spell for an additional 10 minutes by rolling a hit die and removing this number from your current health and expending the hit die. You can do this multiple times, as long as you have hit die left and are conscious.
3. Pixie Wings 11. Lycanthrope Blood 1. Potion Fae Form Phial: To make this potion, one must make a mixture of one part Lycanthrope Blood to one part morning dew to four parts spring water. The Pixie Wings are placed in the phial and every night for a full moon cycle the mixture must be left outside. On the last night, take the wings out the day before, bake them until they dry then crush them before returning them to the mixture. On consuming this potion, your body will alter for 10 minutes. You grow Fae wings and your body takes on physical features of the lycanthorpe from which the blood was sourced (hair usually, a more muzzle like face, eye colour, elongated teeth, etc.) You gain a fly speed of 30ft or gain an additional 30ft if you could already fly without the help of spells. For the next 10 days you can transform in this way a number of times equal to half your proficiency bonus rounded down, recharging at dawn. You cannot end the transformation early and while transformed you are considered the creature types Fae and Monstrosity for the purposes of spells or features that identify such things.
12. Manticore Tail Spike 15. Grey Ooze 2. Weapon Guardbreak Lance (or any other piercing weapon) +1: The Manticore Tail Spike is carefully hollowed out with very small channels bored into the sides at the sharp end. The Grey Ooze is placed inside and the rest of the Lance (or other appropriate weapon) is attached to the base of the spike. When successfully striking with this weapon, it secretes the ooze out of the channels and if the target is wearing nonmagical metal, it is corroded. The armour takes a permenant and cumulative -1 penalty. If it drops to -5, it is destroyed.
Time and again while scrying arcane airwaves that offered mental exercises, I heard the siren call of a sea witch, imploring me to come take part in the communal scribing. I hope the party isn't too far along but you know what they say about wizards being late...
Magically yours from the last continent, WizzardofAus